Become a member
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis from May 1st – April 1st. Each year on the first of April we close our call for new membership to conduct the review of applicants.
SAGA Membership includes the following benefits:
- Exhibitions: Member exhibitions are hosted at venues in NYC, the surrounding region, and travel to multiple locations across North America. SAGA organizes open and juried exhibitions, including opportunities to exhibit in SAGA Gallery in Union Square, New York City.
- Promotion: We help spread the word about members’ printmaking exhibitions, news and events in our social media outlets: YouTube, Facebook, and instagram, as well as in the news section of our website and biannual newsletter.
- Artist Page: Each active artist member holds representation on our website including: a biography and/or artist’s statement, website listing, up to three images, and social media links.
- Annual Meeting: Our annual members meeting is open and free to everyone: members can meet with each other and participate in a printmakers’ show and tell.
How to Apply
Applications for membership are due on April 1 and are reviewed by a membership jury comprising SAGA members selected by the Council. No fee is charged to apply.
- Fill out the application form here and select 10 examples of your work. Five of these prints must have been created in the past five years; the other five completed at any time. All images must be submitted in jpeg format, at 72 dpi and not exceeding 1,920 pixels on the longest side.
- Email your application form and jpegs to: email@example.com
- Each candidate for SAGA membership must be a citizen of the United States of America or a non-citizen working and residing in the United States.
- Your application must show knowledge of hand-pulled printmaking techniques and editioning. If you choose to send monoprints, you may include no more than three; the remainder of your images must represent an edition. If you wish to send photo-processed images, you may include up to three; the remainder of your ten images must demonstrate expertise in traditional printmaking techniques.
Renewing your membership?
Annual dues are $75. You can pay through PayPal or credit card using this link, subscribe to an automatic yearly payment here, or write a check made out to SAGA and mail it to SAGA, 32 Union Square East Suite 1214, New York NY 10003.
Has your contact information changed?
Send your updated contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org