Newark Public Library, Special Collections
5 Washington Street, Newark, NJ
September 23, 2019 – December 31, 2019
Opening Reception: October 5, 2019 at 2:00pm
Eligibility: Each SAGA member in good standing may submit one print for the exhibition. Dues for 2018 and 2019 must be paid. Please pay your dues prior to applying.
All prints will be donated to the Special Collections Department of the Newark Public Library.
Size: Print should be matted in white or off white mat with stiff backing in one of the following sizes including a minimum of 2″-2-1/2″ borders: 14 x18″, 16 x 20″, or 20 x 24″, and enclosed matted print must be submitted in acetate sleeve (for protection).
Fee: $45.00 by check payable to SAGA or sent through PayPal account on the SAGA website.
Awards: More than $4,000 in awards.
Juror for Prizes: Richard Estes, known for his photorealist paintings of scenes in New York City and his color silkscreens and woodcuts.
Liability: All work will be handled with the utmost care. SAGA and the Special Collections Department are not liable for any damage or loss of work entered. If you want to have further protection please arrange your own insurance.
- Submit online entry form; remit payment via PayPal, print out label and attach to the back of your matted print. Or mail the entry form below with a $45.00 check payable to SAGA, 32 Union Square East, Suite 1214; New York, NY 10003.
- Send jpeg to firstname.lastname@example.org. Jpeg should be saved at 300dpi, no larger than 1,200 pixels in any direction. Label your jpeg as follows: last name, first name, title, image size and medium.
*Example jpeg label: Doe, Jane, Portrait, 5×7″, Lithograph.
Please adhere to this format or your work cannot be considered.
- Entry fee, entry form, and jpeg are due by March 1, 2019.
Delivery of Shipped Work: Attach the print label below to the upper right corner back of the matted print. Send your work in a sturdy shipping package to SAGA; 32 Union Square East, Suite 1214; New York, NY 10003. Shipped work is due at the office by March 1, 2019. SAGA is not responsible for damaged prints or mats. SAGA will not exhibit damaged prints or damaged mats.
Hand delivered prints are due at the office on February 16, 2019, between 11:00 am-2:00 pm.
Return of Work: No prints will be returned. All work will remain with the Special Collections Department, Newark Public Library.
How To Apply
There are two ways to submit your application, online or by mail.
To apply online
*You must have a Gmail account to apply online*
- Submit the entry form online using this form
- Pay the fee of $45.00 by check or PayPal, using the PayPal button below
- Click here to print label
To apply by mail
- Click here to download the entry form
- Print out the form, and send the application, the $45.00 application fee by check, and your matted print with the label on the back to the SAGA office- SAGA; 32 Union Square East, Suite 1214; New York, NY 10003.
- Send jpeg to email@example.com